Pages

LIFE CHOICES

2015/01/23

Jo Ann Endicott in Walzer by Pina Bausch, 1982

"Almost every dancer from the Tanztheater of Pina Bausch lives alone.
It takes you, it sucks all your time, it demands everything from you.
"It" is your life.
You give your life to "it".
And this "it" is everything.

Working with Pina has always been something very particular for me.
Meanwhile she has become one of the most important artists in the world.
I know how much she appreciates that I am here.
(...)
Does Pina even asks herself how I manage to do it all?
Jo arrives, Jo leaves.
Nobody asks themselves any questions.
My husband sees it.
The children feel it.
But in the end, only I know exactly how demanding it is, how hard it is."

Jo Ann Endicott
Ich bin eine anständige Frau [I am a Decent Woman]
1999

No comments:

Post a Comment